- Warm eggs by placing them in a bowl of very warm water to cover. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix eggs and ghee in medium mixing bowl.
- Add 2 cups almond flour, salt and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add remaining cup of almond flour and optional ingredients. Mix well
- Form into biscuits with 2 spoons or by rolling in your hands. Makes 16 to 18 biscuits.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Day 7 of week's challenge
Day 7 – Monday
0630 – Quickly bake ONE-BOWL BISCUITS for breakfast:
1/3 cup ghee
3 cups almond flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
½ cup currants (optional)
2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
0900 Transfer pork ribs from freezer to fridge for tomorrow. Remove beef shank meat and bone marrow from crockpot. Cut meat into bite-sized pieces and marrow into tiny pieces. Put the shank fat back into crockpot, the meat and marrow in a container to refrigerate.
1600 Turn oven to 350 F. Stab Kabocha squash a couple of times, put in pyrex casserole dish in oven.
1700 Remove squash from oven to cool. Chop 2 onions and sauté in duck fat. Add meat, ½ cup tomato sauce., dried cranberries, pinch of caraway seeds. Stir well.
1730. Cut a lid in the top of the Kabocha squash, remove seeds. Put meat sauce inside squash. Top with sliced cheese, put in oven.
1745 Wash lettuce, spin and break into salad bowl. Cut 1 tomato into bite-sized pieces, open an avocado and spoon out bite-sized pieces. Add to salad bowl. Pour in 2 Tbs pickled veggies juice and 2 Tbs olive oil, toss.
2000 Turn off crockpot to cool.
2200 Strain broth and put in mason jars. Reserve bones for the next broth-making.