Sunday, January 22, 2012

Days 5 and 6 of week's challenge

Not much to report. Saturdays are usually busy cooking days - making sauerkraut, pickles, kombucha, bread and biscuits - but I've just been coasting, living on food that was prepared before or "instant" food like avocados, coconuts, bananas.  Sundays are usually my coasting days unless I have time to make pancakes for breakfast, but I now wake up 2 hours later than I used to (to make up for the 2 or 3 times I get up to make the baby a bottle and feed and burp her), so this one was no exception.  Also I've caught a cold and the runny nose and stuffy head have sapped my energy.  I thought my immune system was operating on High!  Maybe not getting a good night's sleep since the baby came home has something to do with it.  Maybe it's simply that the baby is now my #1 priority and food has taken 2nd place.

Sunday evening, put beef shank into crockpot with a few marrow bones, water to cover, 1 Tbs salt, cook on Low overnight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment